Windows Driver Installation Guide
Please contact your software provider to confirm if the use of our driver is required for their ticketing software. We recommend that the print driver is installed by either your system administrator or IT support staff.
These print drivers are intended to be installed on 64 bit Windows PC platforms from Windows 7 forward. (Note: ARM is not supported). This guide will cover the Windows 11 OS.
To properly install the Boca Systems printer drivers, version 188.8.131.52, follow the steps outlined below.
If connecting to the host computer via the USB port, then don’t connect the printer’s USB port to the host computer until instructed to do so.
On the host computer you are installing the drivers on you will want to make sure you have the following:
- Administrator privileges as most Windows systems require this to download drivers.
- Access to the internet as the host computer will need to gain access to the Microsoft website to download the necessary drivers.
The following will guide you through downloading the BOCA print driver to the host computer.
- Click on the link below to download the zip file to your host computer. It should automatically be downloaded to the computer’s Downloads folder.
- Click on the Start icon. File Explorer icon on your taskbar.
- You will want to go to the Downloads folder. There are many ways to get to said folder, the following is one example. Double click on the Downloads folder under Frequent folder, your quick access may look different.
- When the Downloads pop up box comes up, click on Boca_SignedRls_2022Jan04.zip file to highlight it.
- While the cursor is still over the file name, click on it to highlight it and then right click. Click on Extract All…
- You will be asked where you want the files extracted to, recommend leaving as shown below. Click on the Extract button.
- When the below pop-up window shows up, double click on Boca_SignedRls_2021Dec10 folder.
- Double Click on Boca_Systems folder
- Double click on Install_Drx.exe to highlight it and then right click. Click on Run as administrator.
- When the below pop-up box comes up, click on Yes button.
- The below popup will be shown while the installed is cleaning out any old files.
- Once the above is done running the below MS Wizard Window will show up. Click on Next button.
- Once the driver package is done being installed the Window will show up. Click on the Finish button.
- The BOCA printer driver package has now been installed onto your host computer. It is advised to restart your computer. Please move onto the next section.
Once the drivers have been downloaded on the computer, you may move forward with the below for USB connection. If connecting via Ethernet or Wi-Fi then skip this section and see the next section.
USB INTERFACE ONLY
ETHERNET AND WI-FI ONLY
The self-test ticket that is printed when the printer’s TEST button is pressed will show the IP address that the printer has. You will need this information later.
WINDOWS TEST PAGE
The following will guide you through doing a Windows test page to confirm the driver is communicating with the printer. You will want to make sure the printer has stock loaded and is able to print a self-test ticket when the TEST button is pressed. The printing of this ticket confirms that the printer is mechanically working properly. If the printer is not able to print a self-test ticket, then consult the “4.0 Installation” section of the user manual (Operator's manuals and Programming Guide).
- Below is one of many ways to get to the devices and printers’ menu. In the search bar type Control Panel. Click on the start icon.
In the Type here to search file type in Control Panel and then click on Control Panel app.
When the Control Panel menu comes up, click on Devices and Printers. You will need to have your View By set for Large icons. Your page may differ from what is shown below
When the Devices and Printers page comes up, click on highlight the BOCA driver to that is being used and then right click. When the drop-down window pops up, click on Printer properties.
Your selection of driver will vary from what is shown in the below images.
Once the driver’s properties menu comes up click on the Print Test Page button.
Your driver properties may vary from what is shown in the below images.
The printer should proceed with printing out a Windows Test page. The printing of this ticket confirms the print driver is communicating with the printer.
Below are some samples printouts for reference only and your test page may look different.
Above is from a 200DPI FGL printer with 2” x 5.5” stock
Above is from a 300DPI FGL printer with 3.25” x 6.5” stock
If you were not able to install the BOCA print driver using the above steps, please take a screenshot of the “printers and drivers” dialog and attach it to a new support ticket