The BC cutter with the SQ opto setup may need cleaning when the printer is not able to detect the position of the blade. This usually results in a cutter failure at power on.
Turn off the printer and remove the power cord before proceeding with the cleaning process.
- Remove the cabinet from your printer.
- Remove the ground screw holding the ground wires.
- Remove the four screws holding based plate to the lower cabinet.
- Lift the print cage out of the lower cabinet.
- Place the print upside down on the print cage.
- Now you can see the inside of the cutter unit.
- Carefully the two screws holding the opto bracket to the cutter housing from the front of the cutter. Note where each screw was located.
- Clean the optos.
- Clean the tip of the finger. The white paint on the tip should be clearly visible.
- Put the opto bracket back into place. If a longer and shorter screw was installed, then the long screw should be closed to the knife of the cutter.
- Put the print cage back onto the lower cabinet and secure with the four screws.
- Locate all ground wires and put these back on the ground location using the hexagon screw.
- Put the cabinet back onto the printer.
- Power on the printer and check if the printer initializes correctly.
- Paper out should appear on the display.
- When paper is inserted the printer should continue with the initialization process and then be read.
- Press test to print and cut a ticket.
If the cutter still fails, your cutter settings may be wrong or the cutter and/or cutter control (logic board) may be defective.
Please contact us for any further assistance by creating a suport ticket. Make sure to provide us the serial number of the related printer.