The paper path should be cleaned periodically to prevent erratic printer operation. Cleaning is normally done every three to four months or when you note an increase in VOID tickets. However, we recommend monthly cleaning for printers experiencing heavy ticket usage.
The cleaning procedure is as follows: (this is based upon the printer being on and stock loaded into the printer). You will also need to use BOCA Magnetic Encoder Cleaner Strip (p/n: SP63-1000).
- Depress both the MENU and CHOICES buttons untill "FACTORY MENU" appears in the LCD window or the display starts scrolling through different topics (normally within 6-8 seconds).
- Using the MENU button scroll down to the "CLEAN MAGNETICS" topic.
- Using the CHOICE button select "YES". Once you have done this press the TEST button. The printer will eject ticket stock (if loaded) out of the printer. If needed pull the stock out of the printer.
The front display will guide you through the rest of the operation.
Remove the cleaning strip from its package. (Some strips may need to be cut to the correct width)
- INSERT STRIP - Insert the BOCA Magnetic Encoder Cleaner Strip into the printer. Load the cleaner strip just like you would your ticket stock.
- PRESS TEST - Press the TEST button at this time. The printer will shuffle the cleaner strip 6 times through the printer and then eject the strip out.
- REMOVE TICKET - Remove the cleaning strip as indicated by the display.
- REVERSE STRIP – Rotate the strip around to the unused side.
- INSERT STRIP – Feed the strip back into the printer
- PRESS TEST - Press the TEST button at this time. The printer will shuffle the cleaner strip 6 more times through the printer and then eject the strip out.
- PAPER OUT - The printer is done running the cleaning routine and you normal ticket stock may be loaded back into the printer.