Boca has developed two programs that allow customer to test the printer. One operates over USB/HID & Ethernet interfaces and the other if a print driver is used.
For Mac use with printer drivers - This customer program is used with print drivers or USB connection.
For Mac use without printer driver - This customer program is used with USB/HID & Ethernet interfaces.
You may download load the program that fits your needs from our BOCA Printer configuration & test programs page.
To use these programs you will need to have the test program installed on Apple/Mac based host computer. Please follow installation steps on this page: Installing the Customer MAC Test Tool
The following steps will guide you through using these programs once they have been installed on your host computer.
- Hook the BOCA printer to the host computer that you have the Customer program loaded onto. Make sure that the printer has stock loaded and it ready to go. A printer is ready to print when it is able to print out a self test ticket by depressing the TEST button. If you are not able to get a self test ticket, refer to the users manual to make sure you have the printer properly setup.
- You will need to click on the appropriate application file to run the program.
If you are using cust_driver_mac for the print driver based the proceed to step #4
If you are using customer_mac for the USB/HID & Ethernet based program then proceed to step #3
- Once the Customer MAC Test Tool is running, click on the “Select Printer Interface” drop-down arrow. You will want to choose the interface connection that you have the BOCA printer hooked up to then go to step #5.
If you are connecting via the Ethernet port then in the IP Address box type in the printer’s current IP address. The printer’s current IP address is printed on the self-test ticket (when the test button is pressed). When tying in the address don’t include the leading zeros (If IP=189.010.000.002 then type in 188.8.131.52). Click on the Connect button. The Message section will indicate that connection has been made. Go to step #5
- Once the Customer Drivers program is running, click on the “Pick A Printer” button. You will want to choose the driver you’re using for the BOCA printer.
Your selection of drivers will vary from what is shown in above image
- Now click on the “Select Printer Operation” drop-down arrow and choose “Print a FGL Test Ticket”.
Screenshot of Test program for use with driver
Screenshot of Test program for use without driver
- You may also print more than one ticket by changing the number of tickets you want to printer.
Click on the HELP button at any time to open up the help window.
Below are sample printouts. Your sample printout may vary due to ticket width and length.
Above sample FGL ticket was printed on a 2” x 5.5” (concert) ticket using a RADJW-2 200dpi FGL printer
Above sample FGL ticket was printed on a 3.25” x 8” (receipt) ticket using a RADJW-3.25 200dpi FGL printer
Above sample FGL ticket was printed on a 2” x 5.5” (concert) ticket using a RADJW-2 300dpi FGL printer
Above sample FGL ticket was printed on a 3.25” x 8” (receipt) ticket using a RADJW-3.25 300dpi FGL printer