A Lemur-Z printer can be equipped with an roll holder kit. The kit (part number A424051) will include mounting plate, roll holder arm, spindle, adjustable stopper and various mounting screws.
Note: some parts may differ from the above image
Please follow the steps below to install the roll holder.
- Attach the spindles onto the roll holder arm using the two Philip ¼” Hex head screws included with kit.
- The Philip 3/16” Hex head screw shown in the photo below will need to be removed and will be reused.
- Install the mounting plate onto the printer using three Philip 3/16” hex head screws. The old-style mounting system would require the use of two 3/32” Allen head screws, were as the latest system does not.
- For the latest mounting system, install one 3/32” Allen head screw into the mounting plate. Location will depend on if the arm will be straight out or at an angle (see below photo) to the printer.
- Install the roll holder arm onto the mounting place and secure it in place with the provided Philip ¼” hex head screw. Prior to installing the receipt roll onto the roll holder arm the printer needs to be secured in place.
- Tear off a full turn of the paper from the new paper roll.
Caution: This is important as the outer end of the paper is usually secured to the roll with glue or other adhesive substance that may cause paper jam or damage the print head.
- Place the Receipt roll onto the spindle.
- Install the adjustable stopper onto the spindle and slide into place. The stopper should not be binding against the roller to prevent it from moving freely.