For older Lemur models (except Lemur-X and Lemur-Z or Lemur models with BR##, NX## or BJ## logic boards)
Lemur Low Paper SQ Opto Indicator Input Kit P/N S424027
Each kit comes with the following:
- Mini Jack low paper 3.5mm connector (already installed if ordered with a new printer).
- SQ load opto (gold) and mounting hardware.
- 36” connection cable
The paper low SQ opto is to be mounted on the side of the ticket locator tray to the customer’s specified height. The distance from the SQ opto eye to the side of the ticket stock should be no greater than .125” (3.18mm) but may be less. Below shows one possible mounting configuration. The opening may be round or square but must be large enough to not short any of the components on the board to metal.
JDC (on main board)
The 3.5mm connector is mounting in the hole in the cabinet that is located near the USB port.
In the FGL printer a low paper condition is signaled when the printer returns a low paper status message (In Hex 0F, in decimal 15) to the host computer. The low paper condition is detected when the SQ opto is no longer able to detect the ticket stock. Once the low paper status is returned it will not be returned again until the triggering condition has been reset. This is accomplished by loading stock so the opto eye is covered and cycling printer’s power.
The host computer can also solicit the current status of the printer by sending an FGL status request (<S1>) command. The printer will respond with a paper low status if the paper low state has been reached and the printer is online (paper out hasn’t been reached) otherwise is will return an X-ON status
Once the low paper kit is installed you may check that the SQ opto is working properly as follows:
- Unscrew the black plastic mini jack plug cover so you may get access to the wires.
- With the printer powered off plug the mini jack connector into the printer.
- Power the printer up. Using a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) take a voltage reading at the green wire.
You should see the below voltage levels.
- Less than 1.00VDC when there is no ticket stock in front of the SQ opto.
- Greater than 3.60VDC when there is ticket stock in front of the SQ opto.
- Once you have confirmed the opto is working properly then power off the printer and screw the black plastic mini jack plug cover back in place. If you do not get the above readings then check to make sure the distance to the optos is correct.