Please contact your software provider to confirm if the use of our driver is required for their ticketing software. We recommend that the print driver is installed by either your system administrator or IT support staff.
These print drivers are intended to be installed on Windows PC platforms X86, AMD64 or IA64. This includes Windows 7, 8.1, 10 and Server 2012 R2.
To properly install the Boca Systems printer drivers, version 184.108.40.206, follow the steps outlined below. On the host computer you are installing the drivers on you will want to make sure you have the following:
- Administrate privileges as most Windows systems require this do download drivers.
- Access to the internet as the host computer will need to gain access to the Microsoft website to download the necessary drivers.
If you are connecting to the printer via Ethernet or Wi-Fi then skip to step # 4.
- Connect the USB cable to the host computer and power on the printer.
- Depending on your system, a notice box similar to the below picture may appear. Click on the icon. This will enable to see the status of the driver software installation.
- The correct USB Printing Support and drivers will automatically install. The image below is of a 300dpi driver being installed. The driver name may vary due to the printer’s DPI and logic board level.
STEPS 4 THROUGH 15 ARE FOR ETHRENT OR WI-FI CONNECTION ONLY.
- The self-test ticket that is printed when the printer’s TEST button is pressed will show the IP address that the printer has.
- Below is one of many ways to get to the devices and printers menu.
1- Right-click the bottom corner of the Start screen.
2- Click All apps icon.
3- Click Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel menu comes up, click on View devices and printers located under Hardware and Sound.
- Open up the “Devices and Printer” Menu. Click on “Add a Printer” to run the install wizard. Click on “The Printer I want isn’t listed”. When the find a printer by other option menu comes up. Click on “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”, click on the Next button
- Type in the IP address that is shown on the self-test ticket in the “Hostname or IP address:” field. When typing in the address don’t include the leading zeroes (If IP=189.010.000.002 then type in 220.127.116.11). You also have the option of typing in a specific Port name or leave as the IP address. Uncheck the “Query the printer and…….” Box, click on the Next button.
- The below screen will be displayed (no action is needed). It may take a few minutes for the system to move on to the next screen. This will vary depending on system and Network speeds.
- The host computer will move forward with detecting the IP address. Once detected the below menu will come up. Select standard network card and click next.
- When the Install the print driver menu comes up select “Boca” under and the appropriate driver for your printer. Once done click on the next button.
Taking a look at the printer’s serial number tag the below chart should aid in determining the correct driver to select. Self-Test ticket is printed by pressing the printer’s TEST button.
Driver DPI Firmware PCL listed Boca BIDI FGL 22/42 200 DPI 200 22 or 42 No Boca BIDI FGL 24/44 200 DPI 200 24 or 44 No Boca BIDI FGL 26/46 200 DPI 200, 2C 26 or 46 No Boca BIDI FGL 22/42 300 DPI 300 22 or 42 No Boca BIDI FGL 24/44 300 DPI 300 24 or 44 No Boca BIDI FGL 26/46 300 DPI 300 26 or 46 No Boca PCL 22/42 300 DPI 300 22 or 42 Yes Boca PCL 24/44 300 DPI 300 24 or 44 Yes Boca PCL 26/46 300 DPI 300 26 or 46 Yes
Above is a typical FGL self-test ticket
Above is a typical PCL self-test ticket
- When the below menu comes up click on next.
- When the below menu comes up click on next. (Your name may vary from what is shown below)
- At this menu screen you have the option to share or not share the printer. Click on the next button.
- On the last page click on the “Print a test page” button and a windows test page should be printed by the printer. This indicates the driver is communicating with the printer. Click on the Close button and then the Finish button.
Your driver name may vary from what is shown above